Yes, summer break sure went fast. In few weeks I'll be back to usual mad uni routine, including tons of projects and written tasks. It's a hard work but I've enjoyed my first year way too much.
This time I've a clearer idea of what I want to achive, however this list may change when I actually get this year briefs. So... Things I want to improve this year are:
- time management - I haven't missed a single deadline last year, however I had a massive pile of work to-do at some point and rushed few things (I'd probably do them better otherwise). This year counts to our degree mark so I need to work extra hard :)
- drawing skills - Oh yeah, I know.. it's my ultimate infinite goal, but hey, I really want to improve and become better artist. Hopefully I'll be brave enough to go for life drawing classes.
- 2D animation - play more with timelines in Photoshop and AfterEffects
- networking - I'm introvert and I love my peace. Networking is probably going to be the hardest challenge of all since meeting new people freaks me out, but I want get a studio job after college so badly I'm willing to do it! :)
- developing my own brand - or maybe more of a 'name', since the whole idea of 'branding' makes me think of graphic desiners not concept artists/animators. I've started it a while ago, slowly building online presence on various art related websites, but never really went all crazy and active. (I'm proud of my cghub and Behance portfolios.) Moreover, when I say 'brand' I also mean a coherent style that could be easy to recognise and will 'well present' my work. I may give a try and create a moodboard (or range of them) that will present my interests as an artist (inspired by StuckWithPins blog).
- spent more time working on personal projects - I got so many stories to tell stuck in my mind..