- Free Andrew Loomis Art Instruction Downloads on Illustration Friday - do I even have to explain this ;)?
- Project 2501 - homage to the GiTS done by a group of insanely amazing artists.
- Let's Draw Episode 73 - another cool vid from FZDSchool channel, this time we got 9 different color comps inspired by Final Fantasy VII. It's a part 1 and part 2 should be out soon (adding detail).
Friday, May 30, 2014
Three good thingies~
Sunday, May 11, 2014
It's Sunday again, time to catch up with stuff ;).
- Concept Cookie - neat YouTube channel with some really good begginers vids for starting out digital painting, livestreams, tutorials and tips. If you are just starting out, definately check it out!
- Team Shakuro strikes back with this Kickstarter Campaing to create a new website full of delicous CG stuff. I really miss CGHUB...
- LevelUP website is finally here, tons of resources and weekly stream sessions. FusRoDa team did really amazing job on making a clear and easy to browse website that doesn't takes ages to load.
- Bahi JD tumblr - insane animator that worked on SpaceDandy and PingPong anime and.. OMG.. just look at these rough gifs.. so much energy.
Friday, May 9, 2014
Sunday, May 4, 2014
I've been watching a lot of different art-y YouTube channels lately and thought it would be cool to share stuff thats intereting and fun. So, lets jump to the cool bits quickly :)
- How To Break Through Artist's Block by Sycra - a really good video, which explains creative process and why we suffer from artist blocks.
- Painting in Values by Marc Brunet (bluefly) - timelaps of a value painting and few useful tips on painting in grayscale. I kept coming back to this channel every week, finding interesting stuff, and in last few days Marc uploaded follow-up vids explaining his approach to coloring a greyscale painting.
- The illusion of life -12 Princibles of Animation explained in cool, retro voice and in less than 3 minutes.
- Understanding Color - video by Andrew Price, which looks into color theories and how they work (with some cool examples used).
Friday, May 2, 2014
On other news, it's only a week left until Machinima deadline, so I have to blog about games like crazy plus finish walk/idle cycles and help getting everything working smoothly in Unity.